2016-2017 Back-to-School Year Information
Below is a reminder about how the pick-up and drop-off will work in our parking lot, key dates, and more about the first few days of school.
Back to School List: Revised 8/22/2016- Take note: This year we ask that you purchase headphones and 1 inch binders.
Tuesday, August 23 – Office Opens 7:30-4:00
Friday, September 2, 4:30 PM, – Class Lists Posted
Tuesday, September 6, 2:45-4:30, – Meet Your Teacher and Do Paperwork
Wednesday, September 7, 8:15-2:40, – First Day of School
Friday, September 9, 6:00-7:30, Back to School Social and Dinner
Pause Parking Loop Procedures
This worked well last year and greatly reduced congestion. In the mornings, students may be dropped off along the fencing near the cafeteria. At the end of the day, drivers can pause park along the fencing to pick up their student(s) when they come out at dismissal.
Please note the following rules for pause parking:
- Drivers must remain in their cars at all times except for car seat fitting.
- Drivers should pull forward as space becomes available.
- Drivers should NOT stop in marked crosswalk areas.
- When getting in or out of a car, students must use the door on the fenced side.
- Students should never get in or out of a car on the driver’s side. It’s unsafe for the student and it slows traffic.
- Drivers must remember to ALWAYS yield at the painted crosswalks and sidewalks
- Click on the map below for details:
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS Wednesday, September 9th
HOURS OF SCHOOL SUPERVISION
The school provides supervision between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:40 p.m., except for 1:40 on Wednesday and during official school events and programs that occur before and after school. Students eating breakfast will have supervision starting at 7:30. Those students not having breakfast should arrive at 8:00. There is no supervision on the building grounds at other times.
School begins at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 2:40 p.m., except on Wednesday when school ends at 1:40 p.m. Students eating breakfast may enter between 7:30 and 8:15. Transportation will be provided to and from school for students that live a mile or more from the building on all days.
Camino del Río offers both breakfast and lunch for students. Breakfast is served at 7:30 a.m. and lunch times will vary according to grade level. Free and reduced meal information is available through the school office. You can speak with our Kitchen Coordinator B Loftis at any time about your food needs. We encourage you to pay for lunches in advance in ten or twenty day increments. You may pay on line at www.mymealtime.com. If you should need any assistance with your child’s lunch please call 541-790-7200.
First Day of School 2016
Here is a preview of the first day to give Camino del Río Families an idea of how it we start the year:
- Doors will open at 7:30 AM
- Classroom teachers will meet students in the cafeteria (2nd – 5th) and the Kinder and 1st grade families will go to the classroom.
- The cafeteria will have grab-and-go breakfasts for students before they meet their teacher.
- Bilingual staff will be on-hand to help guide students and families.
- The first bell will ring at 8:15. Director Lavin will make a brief announcement and classes will be dismissed to go to their classrooms.
- Non-classroom staff will be assigned areas around the building to help guide anyone arriving late.